The permeability (K) of sand and imported fill can be quickly and easily measured using the ETC Simplified Falling Head Permeameter Kit manufactured by Dynamic Monitors, a business unit of Engineering Technologies Canada Ltd. (ETC).
The ETC Simplified Falling Head Permeameter Kit is based on the device and methodology outlined in the Nova Scotia Onsite Technical Guidelines. ETC has prepared a user-friendly kit and guide which can be used in the field, or in the lab.
Advantages of ETC Falling Head Permeameter Kits:
- Very light and easy to transport
- Inexpensive – “do it yourself” and reduce reliance on outside materials testing labs
- Very fast – A test on most sands can usually be completed in only 10 to 30 minutes. Multiple tests can be done at the site in a short span of time.
- A small amount of water is needed (typically 2 L per test).
- Very visual; easy for homeowners and customers to see how it works and to understand why the fill is “good” or not.
- Calculations are made easy using ETC’s Quick Reference Chart.
Kit Includes the Following:
- Falling Head Permeameter
- Plastic test container
- Discs of nylon screen (2)
- Impact block
- ETC Falling Head Permeameter User Guide
- ETC Quick Reference Chart
*Not included but needed for conducting tests: (1) 5 gallon drop bucket, and (1) 2 gallon soil mixing bucket.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
All prices are subject to change. Volume discount pricing for multiple kits or components may be available at the discretion of Dynamic Monitors. Contact us for more information.
Order online (prefered), or over the phone. Contact us at 1-888-747-7645 (SOIL) if you have any questions.
|Dimensions||24 × 18 × 18 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.