Engineering Technologies Canada Ltd. (dba Dynamic Monitors) has an immediate opening for a Junior Marketing & Sales Assistant in our head office located in Stratford, PE.
The successful candidate must meet the requirements of the NRC Green Youth Program. Eligibility information is as follows:
On the date that the employment begins, the Youth must be:
- Between 15 – 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada (no work permits or student visas)
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- A first-time participant in a Career Focus program under Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy work experience program.
This is a 4 to 6 month contract (term to be negotiated), minimum 30 hours per week, with the potential to transition to a permanent, full time position.
You will will work closely with the CEO and other members of our team focused mainly on the commercial release of Septic Sitter, our new internet-connected, early warning alert system for onsite sewage systems.
Responsibilities for this exciting new position may include the following activities, with specific tasks to be determined based on business priorities.
Marketing duties including:
Managing, posting, monitoring and responding on Dynamic Monitor’s website, including:
- Drafting posts, proofreading, and content that aligns with the brand and strategy
- Scheduling and posting to social media accounts
- Monitoring social media accounts responding to questions
- Assisting with email marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with other employees and subcontractors (e.g. software developers, web site designers, graphic designers)
- Creating and editing original video content for website
- Updating website via WordPress.
Sales duties including:
- Maintain a database of key contacts, activities and opportunities through a CRM tool
- Collecting data and information from potential clients and generating sales leads
- Must have completed a College Diploma or Bachelor’s (University) degree in a business related field (eg. Marketing and Advertising Management, Public Relations, Sales, etc.)
- Self-starter and willing to teach themselves new skills as needed with guidance and resources.
- Experience with WordPress and video editing a big plus.
- Familiar with email marketing software like MailChimp a big asset and willingness to learn new software on your own.
- Customer service oriented, focused on the needs and objectives of clients
- Creative thinker that initiates new ideas and activities
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and passionate about learning
- Excellent written communication skills
Experience with any of the following would also be an asset:
- Web site graphic design
- Graphic design of brochures, cards, flyers, logos, etc.
- Video content creation and editing
- UX/UI design
You are someone who is capable of working independently, following established routines and procedures, yet is creative, and thrives on variety and learning new processes and skills. You should also be an independent learner and not reluctant to watch tutorials or find resources on-line for learning new software programs or apps.
Definite requirements are a resourceful, “can-do” attitude, the ability to work as part of a team, and a willingness to pitch in and help wherever needed. We are looking for an individual who will take an optimistic, problem-solving approach to their work, and find ways to spread joy and fun in our workplace.
We also require people who are industrious, careful and detail-oriented.
Remuneration would be commensurate with educational level and experience (pay range $13.00 to $20.00 per hour).
Please apply as soon as possible, by end of day August 4, 2017. The company reserves the right to extend the application deadline, or cancel this position at its discretion.
Here is a video overview of our workplace and a bit about the SepticSitter system that you would be working on.
Important! Please apply for this position using the Google form at the following link:
Please do not email resumes. Applications received via email will not be given further consideration.