Engineering Technologies Canada Ltd. (dba Dynamic Monitors) has an immediate opening for a Junior Sales & Marketing Assistant at our office located in Stratford, PE.
The successful candidate must meet the requirements of the NRC Youth Internship Program. Eligibility information is as follows:
On the date that the employment begins, the Youth must be:
- Between 15 – 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A post-secondary graduate and must have received their most recent degree or diploma within the past three (3) years.
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada (no work permits or student visas)
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- A first-time participant in a Youth Employment Strategy work experience program targeted at post-secondary graduates.
This is a minimum 6 to 10 month full-time contract (term to be negotiated), with some flexibility, with the potential to transition to a permanent, full time position.
You will work closely with the CEO and other members of our team focused mainly on SepticSitter, our new internet-connected, early warning alert system for onsite sewage systems. We’re a young upstart company that’s growing fast and you’ll have an opportunity to make a tremendous impact. You will also get involved with the sales and marketing of Dynamic Monitors.
Responsibilities for this exciting new position may include the following activities, with specific tasks to be determined based on business priorities.
Tasks you’ll be working on:
- Developing a list of prospects based on criteria we set using internet and phone research methods
- Writing email follow-up sequences
- Maintain a database of key contacts, activities and opportunities and learning how to use a CRM.
- Helping with quotes for customers, collecting data and information from potential customers, answering questions.
- Updating websites using WordPress.
- Drafting blog posts and content that aligns with the brand and strategy
- Proof-reading and editing of content
- Assisting with email marketing campaigns
- Scheduling and posting to social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Overseeing the creation and editing of original video content for website
- Must have completed a minimum of a College Diploma or Bachelor’s (University) degree in a business related field (eg. Marketing and Advertising Management, Public Relations, Sales, etc.). MBAs also welcome to apply.
- If you have taken any engineering or science related courses that would also be an asset for this position, but is certainly not necessary.
Traits that would make you an excellent fit for our team:
- Self-starter who is eager to run with new tasks and responsibilities.
- A thirst to learn and the ability to self-learn if given the appropriate resources (on-line courses, consultants, etc.)
- Willingness to learn new software and on-line tools on your own.
- Customer service oriented, focused on the needs and objectives of customers
- Creative thinker, who is also analytical
- Organized and able to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic and passionate about learning
- Excellent written communication skills
- Good writing abilities (blogs, etc)
- Strong editor with good proofreading skills
- Good research skills
- Not afraid to hop on the phone and have a conversation with a customer or prospective customer
- Attention to detail, but doesn’t get lost in every detail and can still get things done on time
- Good at documenting processes and procedures
Experience with any of the following software would also be an asset, but is certainly not necessary:
- CRM software (e.g. Close.io, Salesforce, Hubspot CRM)
- Email marketing software (e.g. MailChimp)
- Graphic design of brochures, cards, flyers, logos, etc. (e.g. Canva, Photoshop, etc.)
- Video content creation and editing
- Video conferencing (e.g. Zoom, GoToMeeting)
- Scheduling (e.g. Calendly)
You are someone who is capable of working independently, following established routines and procedures, yet is creative, and thrives on variety and learning new processes and skills. You should also be an independent learner and not reluctant to watch tutorials or find resources on-line for learning new software programs or apps.
Definite requirements are a resourceful, “can-do” attitude, the ability to work as part of a team, and a willingness to pitch in and help wherever needed. We are looking for an individual who will take an optimistic, problem-solving approach to their work, and find ways to spread joy and fun in our workplace.
We also require people who are industrious, careful and detail-oriented.
Remuneration would be commensurate with educational level and experience (anticipated gross pay range is $21 to $35 per hour).
Please apply as soon as possible using this Google form.
Priority will be given to applications received by the end of day, Sunday, May 12, 2019. The company reserves the right to extend the application deadline, or cancel this position at its discretion.
Please do not email resumes. Applications received via email will not be given further consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.